Monday, July 14, 2014

Oh Mother Nature!

It is the middle of July and we have the windows WIDE open with wonderful temperatures outside.  This is unheard of in Iowa during the summer.  I will take it!

My flowers are loving it too.  I thought I would show you how well they have done this year.


As you can see, Joe has been working on laying down new weed blocker material and are getting a load of rock in a few weeks.  Taylor likes to eat the mulch and it blows all over the place when it storms.  He also got some nice boulders to put around the edge of each flower bed.



And of course thought I would show our fairy gardens for this summer.  This is the largest one, from an ariel view.


As you can see, we have a LOT of fairies in our garden.  I never know where I am going to find them.  The kids like to play with them and move them around.  :)




This is the smaller fairy harder we created for the first time this year.  She got several of the pieces for Christmas this past year.  This is the first year we added a succulent to the garden.  I am anxious to see what it is going to do when it blooms.  :)


We had a VERY fun, but busy weekend.  My friend Kristi, Chris and her son Owen came to visit.  We had a great time at the Farmer's Market and then after we rested a bit decided to go to a Flea Market that advertised Vintage and repurposed items too.  Well, it was definitely more flea than repurposed, but Hope had a great time bargaining for some treasures.


We also went to West End Salvage.  I found this...


...but didn't purchase.  I think it is cool, but have no clue what I would do with it.  LOL!

After our visitors headed home we went to a company picnic for my work.  Had a great time and Hope had fun playing with some of the other kids.

Later she was perfecting her skills building with dominos!


She was pretty pumped when she used all of them without it falling over. 

I made cupcakes tonight to take to work.  I hear there is a special birthday we might be celebrating tomorrow.  Happy birthday to Rich Barrent!

In honor of his birthday...here are some fun birthday cards.












Darla



No comments:

09 10