Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Veteran's Day!

I want to thank all of those who have served our country and their families too.  Thank you!  The words just don't seem to be enough, but I always try and show my appreciation and thank those I know have served or if I see them in uniform.

I also have to thank the man at the YMCA.  I see him every so often walking in the lap pool.  I say thank you to him, because he reminds me so much of dad.  He looks a lot like him and is always chatting with the lifeguards on duty and just other mannerisms I have noticed.  It is like having a secret visit from heaven when I see him.  He always leaves while I am still in the exercise pool, so I have never had a chance to talk with him.  Maybe someday.

Speaking of dad, here are two pictures of him during his time in the military.  So young!  :)


Here he is with his parents, Harvey and Artie Werts.  Look at the cars in the background.


Anyway, Joe and Hope went to visit his family up north and my friend Kristi came to visit.  This means I got some much needed scrapbooking time.  I got several pages done and actually have a few patriotic ones to share today, in honor of all Veterans.

This is my 4th of July layout from this year.   Now don't be thinking crazy that I am almost caught up, because I scrapbook out of order and do the pages I am inspired to do based on if I have papers that work with my pictures.


Case in point...this layout is using pictures from 2012.  In Iowa there is a large rock out in the middle of nowhere.  Literally!  Until 1999 it was called the graffiti rock, so a local man decided to start painting the rock with patriotic themes. Each year he paints over the entire rock in black and creates a new scene on each side of the rock.  His work is so amazing.  


He has recently started a project to paint smaller rocks in each of the 99 counties in the state of Iowa. I wish him luck in this project.


And believe it or not, it snowed today!  Oh so not ready for winter weather, but I am pretty sure it is coming no matter what.

I recently did some winter layouts too...here is one of them.  Sorry the color isn't so great.  




So say further thanks, here are several thank you cards...







Well, I will get back to sharing Christmas cards next time.  Have a great night and don't forget to thank a Veteran today (and always).

Darla



No comments:

09 10