Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Welcome to Third Grade!

And she is off to a new school year, at a new school.  She wanted to ride the bus instead of us taking her to school on the first day.  What a great kid!


We had quite a hike to the bus stop.  The school has a new bus company and all the stops were farther apart than they have been in past years.  So we all talked to the driver and sounds like he is going to work out two separate stops so the kids don't have to walk so far to get to their stops.  That would be nice!


I am SO mad, because my big camera jammed up when I took the picture of Hope getting on the bus.  It was actually the only one she cooperated and smiled nicely.  Good thing Joe got this one of her on his phone.  :)


So on Monday we got to go to an open house to tour the school and meet her teacher, etc.  We took the time to look around the classroom and Hope spotted several books she was looking forward to reading, so her teacher let her borrow one to read and bring it back to school on the first day.  She couldn't even put it down while we were still touring the school.  :)



And here is her teacher.  She is a scrapbooker!  AWESOME!!!  :)


Of course Hope had to take one silly picture this morning too.  She got this winter hat at the State Fair the other day and is wearing it all the time!  It is pretty cute and I am sure it will keep her warm this winter (I just hope that isn't anytime soon).


Well, I know there are a lot of other updates to share as well, but I will save those for tomorrow (yep, going to try and get back on a regular schedule of posting again).  We will see how that goes.  :)

So here are some cards to share with you...




A note of appreciation for all those great teachers out there who are heading back to school (or already have or will be soon).  Thanks for everything you do!


And good luck to all the students too!



This was the only school related card I really had to share right now.  LOL!




And as all the parents exclaimed (as they got their kids off to school)...


Alright, I am off work today, so I am heading to my scrapbook room!  Have a good one!

Darla




No comments:

09 10