Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Catching up...

Well, it has been a while.  Just hasn't been time to post to the blog lately, or even have time to scrapbook.  :(  That is going to change this weekend (at least the scrapbooking part).  I get to go on a retreat.  Yipee!

Anyway, we got past Easter and the following weekend my sisters and I surprised my mom with a trip to Chicago to celebrate her 75th birthday.  Mom, is in the yellow sweater in the front and her sister Bonnie came with us too (in the back on the right).


We had a great time at the spa, eating, shopping, having a few drinks, etc.  We took a tour bus around the city and stopped at several of the iconic tourist locations.  We went up the Sears (aka Willis) Tower and of course we had our picture taken on the skydeck ledge.  I wasn't sure if we were going to get everyone out there, but they were brave and took the leap!

We also saw the show Million Dollar Quartet.  It was a great show and I highly recommend it.  Somehow I forgot to take my camera, so all the pictures were on mom and Bonnie's cameras.

Hope is rehearsing hard for her dance recital coming up the end of May.

Funny...there was a book fair at school and Hope wanted to get a book about Gabby Douglas, the Olympic gymnast.  As she read it, she was excited that Gabby was hoping to compete at the 2016 Olympics in Brazil.  Hope asked me if grandma Deloris would get to see Gabby.  I probably looked confused and said I didn't think grandma had plans to go to Brazil any time soon.  Hope says, well isn't that were she just got back from?  Me...oh, she just returned from Branson.  LOL!  Yeah, Branson and Brazil are similar, right?  I hope she is better at geography that I was in school.

I also got last minute tickets to see Jon Bon Jovi!  YEAH!!!!  It was an awesome concert.  Pictures from the web...


I am sure there are ton of other things I have forgotten between now and my last post, but they are not coming to mind at the moment.  So here are a few random crafty projects to share...






Have a good one!

Darla

No comments:

09 10