Sunday, April 28, 2013

Cleaning out!

Yep, that is what we have been doing at our house this weekend.  We have gone through every closet, cabinet, dresser, toy box, etc. and decluttered our house.  Boy does it feel good to get some of that unused stuff out of the house and reclaimed space.  YEAH!  I donated all our extra stuff to a friend of mine having a fundraiser garage sale next weekend for Cystic Fibrosis.

There are still some smaller areas to get to still, but for the most part everything has been gone through. Now we just need to do some deep cleaning.

Last weekend I had the pleasure of going to Wisconsin for a scrapbooking retreat with my friend Kristi and several other friends I have come to know over the years by attending the same retreat.  We had a LOT of fun and we got some scrapbooking done too!  LOL!

Here are a few of my favorite layouts I completed...

This is one from our recent trip to Cabo!


This is another one showing all the activities we did.


 And since Hope's dance recital is coming up, I finished layouts for last years recital pictures.


This year they are doing Swan Lake.  She loves her costumes and we got them the other day.  It took everything I had to get her out of them so she wouldn't ruin it before the recital.  They are safely hidden until then.


This is a Canadian Goose nest that is near my office.  It is definitely a strange place to build a nest, right on the corner, but it seems to be working for them so far.  We hope they are able to keep the babies out of the street when they hatch and start moving around.



In Hope's classroom, they have been studying Japan.  They made their own kimonos and got to eat lunch with chop sticks.  It was pretty comical watching the kids try to eat with them.



Also this week, Hope had her first school music program.  She did a great job!  I taped most of the songs since Joe was on his way home from San Diego and wasn't able to make it.  He was pretty bummed about it.


Well, hopefully I will get better at making regular posts.  I have a lot of projects just ready to show you, so stop back and check them out!

Darla

No comments:

09 10