Thursday, June 7, 2012

Shoping it old school style tonight.

I grew up in southern Iowa, and our local grocery store, Hy-Vee's corporate office was in the same town. So this is pretty much the only store I have ever shopped in.  Especially since I married a man that is a Hy-Vee career man.  :)  I even worked there myself in high school and college, and yes, that is where we met (for those of you reading this that didn't know).

Well, my local Hy-Vee store is bringing back a service that brought back a LOT of childhood memories of grocery shopping with my mom when I was a kid.  I had noticed the signs, but had not had the service offered to me until tonight.  Back before the days of drive up lanes and cart corrals, there was a time when the "bag boys" would load up your cart with your grocery bags and politely carry on a conversation while they wheeled your groceries out to your car, loaded them into your car and gently closed your trunk (or car door) and thanking you for shopping with Hy-Vee.  Fast forward a LOT of years, and I had that same experience tonight.  They are now providing this same "old school" service and it was GREAT!  I hope enough people take advantage of it so they stick with it.  Way to go Hy-Vee.  Thanks for expanding those helpful smiles beyond those aisles.

Well, we are at the eve of Hope's dance recital.  Keep your fingers crossed that everything goes good.  The rehearsal last night was LONG and HOT!  Oh my!  I thought I was going to melt it was so hot and I can't even imagine how hot the dancers were up on stage.

Here are a few shots of her on stage...

This first photo cracks me up!   She had this small piece of hair hanging down in front of her face and she kept putting it in her mouth.  So I caught her with her tongue sticking out trying to "catch" it.


She also has a loose tooth.  The way she was wiggling it last night (while on stage) I was worried it was going to come out right on stage.  Not a big deal unless it was bloody.  Blood + Expensive Dance Costume=Bad!  :)


Here is the group at the end in their end pose.  :)



And then onto to their tap routine...are these not the cutest costumes.  :)


They practiced their routine out in the hallway before coming into the auditorium.  At one point, she had her skirt up under her arm pits.  I just cracked up and asked her to do it again so I could get a picture, but of course she refused.  It was too funny!


Then when I got too close to the stage to take photos, she shooed me away!  Also, very funny!


This routine is very cute and I am sure they will do a good job, but last night it was getting late by the time they got on stage and it didn't go so well the first time around.  It did get better the second time around.  So keep your fingers crossed that they will all do a good job for their teacher.


Alright, on to my other exciting news!  I get to go to the Kenny Chesney/Tim McGraw concert in KC this weekend too.  I am so pumped about going, since I just got a ticket this week from a friend at work.  Her mom wasn't able to go.  We are going to have a LOT of fun!  Yeehaw!

Well, I won't leave you without something crafty too.  Here is a card in honor of my little "super" star!


This is the inside of the card.


Well, that is it for tonight!  Have a good one and see you back next week after I have survived the recital and recovered from the concert.  :)

Darla

No comments:

09 10