Friday, June 1, 2012

Last Day of School!

Today was the last day of first grade for Hope.  I can't believe how fast the school year went.  Each (nice) morning we have been taking Reilly for a walk down to the bus stop.  He has really enjoyed going and loved getting lots of attention from the other kids at the bus stop while we wait for the bus.




She got the teacher she was hoping for, although none of her neighborhood friends are in her class.  She was ok with that since her teacher has a pet bunny in the classroom.  :)  She loves animals.

Here is tonights funny Hope story...

After we got home from dance (recital) pictures, I handed her over to Joe and decided it was time for a beer.  :)  So while I was sitting here checking FB and getting ready to make this post she came over and asked what I was drinking.  I told her it was beer.  She smiled and excitedly told me her cousin Annie had given her beer one time (just a week or so ago).  I asked if Aunt Dawnie knew she had beer and she vigorously shook her head.  So I dug further and asked if she liked it.  Of course she said yes.  Then I became skeptical and told her to smell my drink.  She wrinkled her nose and said her drink was sweet and then remembered it was ROOT BEER!  Yeah, big difference there!  :)I just had to laugh.  I know growing up I am sure at some point I asked my dad for a drink of his beer and I am sure he agreed knowing I wouldn't like it.  :)  I just figured it was one of those moments (just at aunt Dawn's house).  :)

We survived dance pictures, now we just have to get through rehearsal week and the recital itself.  :)

Well, I am off to do some scrapbooking...so here is some inspiration.  Since it is the end of school, I have a few more school related cards to share.  The first one we gave to Hope's teacher.


I totally copied the pencil card idea from a card I saw on a website (sorry I have no clue where, but thank you to whoever you were for the great idea).  I added some leftover embellishments from the school layouts I made earlier.

Here is another card I will probably use eventually for one of Hope's many teachers to come.


Alright, that is it for tonight!  Have a good one!

Darla


No comments:

09 10