Monday, February 26, 2018

I can't DRIVE...55!!!!

Well, I have the number 55 on my brain today, so this is the song that was going through my head...along with HAPPY BIRTHDAY...to Evon...Happy Birthday to you!!!




My friend Evon turned 55 today!!!!  I wish I was there to celebrate with you in Utah.  AND I wish I would have gotten around to mailing you a card.  LOL!  Well, you will have to enjoy all the cards on the blog for now.  :)

And of course, this young lady also has a birthday today!!!  Happy birthday to my niece Lauren!  How are you so LUCKY to have the same birthday as my crazy friend Evon!?!


And...the hours are getting few; however, there is a small chance my great-nephew could still be born tonight too.  My niece Abbey was due on the 22nd, so if she doesn't have him by tomorrow then she checks in to enduce labor.  Oh, little Jonah, we can't wait to meet you!

So in honor of all these celebrations...here are some creative things to share!

Let's start with some birthday cards...






I also just recently scrapbooked several scrapbook layouts of Lauren and Dave's wedding.

I never realized how difficult it was to get a good picture of a layout using metallic/mirror papers.  The bottom half of the layout is actually gold, but my reflection kept making it a funny color.  The camera also had troubles focusing.


Here is the (hidden) journaling I added to the back of a tag that pulls out from behind the main picture.  Here is what it says:  "When Lauren was little, she used to say her name was Lauren H. instead of Lauren W.  She said H was her favorite letter.  Well, when she married Dave Hanigan, #LaurenGotTheH!


This was a collage layout of several tiny photos from the reception.  I used to print them on my computer; however, now I use the Project Life ap on my phone.  There are several different 4x6 templates that allow you to put multiple photos on a single 4x6 print.  Then I just upload it to Shutterfly and print!  


This is a layout for the bridal shower we hosted for Lauren.


I do have a few more layouts, but one I sent in for consideration for publication and the other deserves a post all it's own.  ;)  So stay tuned...

And to celebrate the (soon) arrival of baby Jonah...





Well, if you know the birthday girls...give them a shout out!

Until next time...

Darla






No comments:

09 10