Sunday, May 25, 2014

#MetzgerBliss

Oh it was such a beautiful wedding.  So many fun times and great memories.

My niece Abbey Kent got married yesterday to the love of her life, Randy Metzger.  You could just see the love between them and know this is a marriage that will last forever, through good times and bad, etc.  Randy, welcome to the family.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the ceremony to the reception...

Here is the groom grabbing a snack during pictures and holding the bride's bouquet.  LOL!


A lot of the ideas throughout the wedding came from Pinterest!  I love the idea they had for the guest book.  Instead of a regular book, they printed a large photo and attached it to foam board and cut into puzzle sized squares for everyone to sign.  Each had a number on the back so you could add it to where it was to go on the picture (using magnets).  Very cool.



I thought the signs for the ring bearers were ADORABLE!  Oh and I have to mention the flower girls were so CUTE too, down to their tulle/tutu dresses and gem studded healed shoes.


Kevin (the father of the bride) told me after the ceremony about his conversation before going down the aisle...

Abbey-Dad this is the moment I have been waiting for all my life.
Kevin-Abbey...I can't talk about this right now.

He was about to walk his baby down the aisle.  So sweet.


Abbey and Randy just before saying "I do".


I was helping Hope with the bird seed baskets until Annie and Ally came out of the church.


And here comes the happy couple.



Well, I guess this picture will need a little back story...We are doing the alligator, which is done to "Takin Care of Business".  The first time I remember doing this dance was at Jody's wedding (the bride's sister), so we felt like we had to keep the tradition going.  It was a LOT of fun with all of us out there, but I must admit I have bruises and floor burns on my elbows and knees.  It was crazy fun and would do it all over again.  LOL!



SISTERS!


As soon as I heard what their wedding colors were going to be, I knew what paper scraps I wanted to use for the card we would give them.

Here is that card and several others using the same papers.  











Have a great Memorial Day.  Prayers and thanks to all those who have/are/will serve our country.

Darla



No comments:

09 10