Friday, February 21, 2014

I think someone had a birthday?

Well, I guess somewhere since I last posted I guess I celebrated another birthday!  LOL!


We kept it pretty low key by eating out for supper and Joe and Hope got me some new headphones and a nutria-bullet (like a blender) to make smoothies.  I know once it warms up we will put it to a lot of good use.

But before it can warm up it HAS to STOP snowing!  OMG!  I am so sick of snow this winter (and NO I am not one of those that complain about it being too hot because I just don't care for winter).  I have no idea why I still live in Iowa.  I need to convince all of my family and friends to move to a tropical climate.  Let's think about it, ok?

Anyway, we have had a week of bi-polar weather...

Monday-low visibility on my way to work due to heavy snow, slick roads.  On my way home it was already 50 degrees and clear roads.  Crazy!  Hope went out and played in the snow before it all melted.  I guess she thought it would be fun to stick her head in the snow and came in with snow packed in her hair.  Oh my!



Then for two days we had nice weather and faced another Blizzard Warning.  Good Grief!


This is what our back yard...


...and front yard looked like before the snow started.


Then we had almost every type of weather you could think of in a time frame of minutes to hours...rain, thunderstorms, to sleet, to snow pellets and finally HUGE snowflakes!


Yep, those are the HUGE snowflakes coming down.


I hear there is more snow in the forecast.  I think if I see Mother Nature out and about I might have to hit her with my van!  LOL!

Anyway, since I celebrated a birthday I guess I will share some birthday cards.  Some I recently created and some that have been in my stash for a while.  Enjoy!










The butterfly card was a recycled gift card (I think from Hobby Lobby).  Once I used the card I kept it because I thought it was pretty.  I knew eventually I would find the perfect scraps to use it on a card.  I just trimmed it smaller to remove the store name printed on the front and rounded the corners.


I am so excited for tomorrow.  We get to go see the litter of puppies and choose which one we will be bringing home with us next month.  It is going to be hard to leave it there until March 15th.  Oh I can't wait!  Will share here when I get the chance.

Darla


No comments:

09 10