Friday, May 28, 2010

Graduation Day!

Today, Hope graduated from Pre-school.  They were all so cute in the construction paper caps and ribbon tassels.  They each received a diploma and an award to describe their personality.  Hope was awarded the Pinkalicious award because she likes to dress in pink and also practically has the book memorized.  It is one of her favorites.  :


We are very proud of everything she has learned "academically" this past year.  We still have a few "social" and "behavioral" things to work on before Kindergarten starts in the fall.  Please pray with me that we get her ADHD under control and find the medication that works best for her.


After the ceremony, Hope and I headed to get haircuts.  She has developed a REALLY bad habit of eating her hair (which is causing other issues), so we decided to get her hair cut short.  I didn't know if I could go through with cutting it short, but I made it.  It actually is REALLY cute!  How could it not be on her.  :)

So obviously the graduation picture is the BEFORE picture.  And here is the AFTER picture.  She actually yelled across the play area for me to come over and take her picture.  She is such a ham!




Of course, since it was her special day she wanted to go to the Mall.  We played for about 15 minutes then went to see the new Shrek movie.  It was pretty cute and had a great message:  Shrek learned you don't know what you have until you lose it.  Even though life gets crazy sometimes, it is still a great life, and I love everything about my life right now!

And after the movie we had to do some shopping and ended up with "Goldie" a white and gold horse from Build A Bear.  Luckily, the golden wing assessories were 50% off.  :)  

We finished off our day of fun by getting pedicures.  Ok, I had a pedicure and she got gold (yes she chose gold to match her BAB horse) polish for her toes.  We had a lot of fun, and I look forward to many years of fun days together (this summer) and for many years to come.

On a side note, she was very upset that she actually has to go back to her pre-school this summer.  She is SO ready to start Kindergarten.  I am going to have Fridays off this summer, so I am hoping to get to the pool at least once a week and maybe some evenings this summer with Hope.  I hope that is enough to convince her to finish out the summer, which she doesn't have a choice anyway because I have to work sometime.  :)

Ok, I have jabbered on long enough tonight.  I am going to start editing my photos of the cards I completed in WI at my scrapbook retreat and start posting them this weekend.  Have a good night and safe travels this weekend!

Also, in case you want to see some photos from our Disney trip, please visit our Share Shutterfly website to see the photos.  It is posted as a Favorite Link.

Darla

No comments:

09 10