Saturday, May 29, 2010

Card 1-Thanks a Bunch

Happy Saturday!

As I mentioned in my previous posts, I spent a weekend a scrapbook retreat in the WI, Dells.  I typically have several layouts and/or projects planned out to work on over the weekend to make the most of my time there.  Well, with our trip to Disney I just didn't have the time to get anything planned out.  So I decided that I was just going to take scrap paper and embellishments to make cards.  I had been saving lots of ideas I had liked from my favorite magazines and books, and couldn't wait to put my own touches on them.  I hope you enjoy them as I share them with you over the next month, so keep checking back.

If a card was inspired by a specific submission to a magazine, I will try and quote who it was and what magazine it was in.  I want to give credit, where credit is due.  :)

Here is the first card I am going to share with you.


The cardstock was My Minds Eye, butterfly was punched from Chatterbox with the Martha Stewart punch.    I tied yellow tulle around the card.  I used the Stampin Up curly label punch, and used a  Stampin Up chocolate rub on (cut into sections to fit the punch).  The flower was a free gift from Archivers.  I added pearls to the butterfly to give it a finished touch.  It is a simple, but very nice thank you card.

Check back tomorrow, as I will have another card using the same scrap paper.  

It felt really good to use up some of my scrap paper, and I can't wait to start making more cards with my scraps.  It really jump started my creativity and now I want to create the cards after I finish the layout (instead of just putting the scraps in a folder for later).  It only took me 10 years to start using those scraps (ok, I have purged my scraps since I started, but still...)

Have a good day!

Darla

No comments:

09 10