Friday, June 18, 2010

Card 15 - Butterfly and Glitter

Ok, here is another card using the scraps from My Minds Eye.  This time I added Pearls (Archivers), Stick Pins (Making Memories), Chipboard Frame (Tattered Angels), Butterfly die (Sizzix-Stampin Up) and Glitter (Stampin Up).



To make the straight glitter edge, I used thin red Tacky Tape all around the edge of the cardstock.  Then I just took off the top layer and sprinkled on the glitter.  SO EASY!  I was very sparkly after completing all these cards with glitter.  :)

Today it was rainy off and on again.  Hope graduated from Safety Town this morning.  She had a blast going each morning this week to learn about various safe practices (stop signs, playing, riding the school bus, etc.).  All the kids recited the poems and songs they learned about safety and they had a slide show of photos from the week.

Grandma Deloris was able to come with me to the graduation, and then we had lunch and did some shopping.  

Joe looked at my purse the other day and said, "I can't believe I am going to tell you this, but you need to get a new purse".  I laughed.  I am not usually into buying things like purses, but I have been looking for one for a while now.  I pulled out an old one from the shelf because I didn't like the last one I bought.  So today on our shopping trip I found a great purse.  It is pink and has bling.  :)  I also found a little black dress that I wasn't looking for at all but the price was right and can be worn to work or for dressier occasions.

My favorite purchase today was two more pairs of Sketcher tone-up flip flops.  If you haven't tried these shoes, they are AWESOME!  I have never been able to wear flip flops because they hurt my feet.  Well, these actually have an arch support and are the BEST!  So they were on sale.  I got a pair of black ones, and paid for them.  Then I went back to the shelf and saw that the white ones were $10 cheaper than the black ones, so I got those too.  They didn't have them in my size, but at Famous Footwear they have free home delivery.  This is a GREAT service, and I can't wait to get my new shoes next week!

We also picked up the twins (Annie/Ally) and took them with us to see Toy Story 3.  It was a very cute movie, and I must admit I even shed a few tears at the end.  If you have younger kids, I highly recommend it.

Now all three girls are playing and Grandma D and I are enjoying some peace and quiet (with the exception of the occasional outburst from the toy room).  After seeing Toy Story 3, I hope the toys are being enjoy being played with).  :)

Have a great night!

No comments:

09 10