Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy Belated May Day!

We hit the May Day basket motherload yesterday!  The first doorbell ring (& run) was from our neighbor girl Nicole and her brother.  Then while I was gone, baskets were delivered by Annie next door and from the family across the street.  Later in the evening Hope received one last basket from a girl around the corner.



I was out running errands, Joe got crafty and they put together impromptu May Day baskets.  They were getting ready to deliver the last two when I got home.   So we hopped on our bikes and delivered them.  Next year I will have to get more creative.  This was the first year we received so many.  We know more of the kids in the neighborhood since Hope started Kindergarten this past year.

I finally have another layout to share.  Of course, it is out of season, but I just post them as I get them done.

Elf on the Shelf documented all the places our elf hid this year as he returned from the North Pole each night after he had made his "behavior" report to Santa.  :)  He found some pretty creative places this year, although I didn't get pictures of all of them.  These were some of my favorites.


I started out using a sketch from the Sketchy Thursday website, but ended up changing it to work out with what I wanted to add (journaling and the details in the upper left corner).

Here are some detail shots.





I think I have created all the layouts I can with these papers from MME, so now I am going to use up the scraps to make some cards.  I will try and get some pictures this week of some of them I have made so far and will be sharing them in the next few weeks.

I hope you had a nice May Day yesterday.

I am going to start cleaning out my scrapbooking space, so check back frequently for some giveaways.  I have way too much stuff and need to get more organized.

Have a good night!

Darla



No comments:

09 10